Kirk's blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

home repairs

Home repairs are so stressful because you have to do stuff by hand(Yeah were lazy) so here are all the thing that have broken recently.


Hot water- Recently the hot water in My kitchen sink broke so you would have to climb under the sink and turn the valve if you wanted to use hot water to wash the dishes. And the water would be running full blast the whole time you were doing the dishes. We had to do this for about a month and a half

Dishwasher- our dishwasher broke about... well just along time ago. so we had to do them by hand( this is the same time as our hot water). We finally got a used one from someone in the neighborhood. only to find out that it was dripping water when it was on. So last Thursday My mom got a new(used) one from a friend of hers. that's now in our garage waiting to be putt in. So Now I have three dishwashers in My house... two are broken.

Laundry dryer- I'm not sure how long these are supposed to last but We've been through about three of them in about ten years but the washer has been fine. i guess we should get new appliances next time

Oven- the top oven at my house broke several years ago for about a year so we had to use th bottom oven . But My grandparent's top oven was a little hotter than their bottom so their family bought a new one for them and we got theirs so now our top oven is hotter than normal but is better than nothing.

I've also had about four toasters three blenders three girdles(pancake grill) but our refrigerators and freezers have been fine


I guess we should be grateful for the stuff we have right now and not take it for granted.
comment if your dishwasher has ever broken.

4 comments:

Aer-bear said...

I hate your hot water it burnt me last time I did your dishes remember when you were wasting time!

Tom said...

Everything at my house if broken.... oh that's right, we live at the same house.

Kathy Andelin said...

haha, sounds kinda familiar:). Is that dishwasher picture at your house??? hopefully not...cause that would have been a huge mess to clean up! But I guess it would give you a good excuse to mop the floor:).

Unknown said...

Ours broke. it was super annoying to have to do dishes by hand.