Kirk's blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

How to get what you want in life.

On Tuesday night I was enjoying my evening eating caramels and playing video games on my couch when my 2 year old sister discovered I was eating something she wanted. so as a 2 year old would, she came up to me and asked me for a "caramel apple". Being the jerk I am, I said no. She then demonstrated three steps to get what she wanted.

1. She was consistent. A lot more than I would have liked her to be.

2.She had patience. Everything wont come to you instantly. The longer you be consistent the more time you have to get what you want.

3. She seized the opportunity. As I moved in my seat she saw the place where the caramels were hiding. She snatched one faster than a fat kid chases a ice cream truck and she BOOKED IT! When life gives you good opportunities you take them. They won't be there for ever. Don't be a Mitch in a fast food place. ACT!

So those are the three steps to success brought to you by my sisters desire for caramels. Now of course she wouldn't have succeeded if she didn't have the desire. you have to have the desire.

So go out there and chase what you want.

No comments: